Current club members of Ely Archers are to receive their own A4 club folders and zip bags as well as a cliniband in order to practice their archery drills and skills at home.
Ely Archers applied to the Archery GB Club Recovery Fund grant scheme in 2020 which was providing funds for archery clubs to support their re-opening and current members as well as attract new members via beginners classes. Ely Archers came up with a plan to cover both of these aspects within the remit of the grant scheme.
Ely Archers asked for some of the grant money to go towards supplying their current members with club A4 folders containing lots of archery and club information as well as details on the official Archery GB warm up routines. Together with this 40m of Cliniband was purchased, so that each member could have their own cliniband at home for stretching and for practicing their archery drills.
Archery GB covered 75% of the costs of the items, with the club needing to supply the other 25%. But in the end the club did not need to as the Cambridgeshire Archery Association (CAA) came to the rescue and offered to support the club and provide the extra 25% required.
“It’s great to know that if we ever end up back in lockdown or our shooting is restricted in some way our archers can still use the clinibands at home. Plus they now have a club folder in which to keep all their club information. This would not have been possible without the help of Archery GB and the CAA” commented Daniel Coe, Chair of Ely Archers.